What is Jack Kelly Cause of Death? His Bio, Net Worth, Wife, Kids
Jack Kelly was an American movie as well as a television actor who is widely famous for his appearance as Bart Maverick in the television series Maverick, which ran on ABC from 1957-1962.
Jack Kelly opened his eyes as John Augustus Kelly Jr on 16th September 1927, in Astoria, Queens, New York, the United States of America under the birth sign of Virgo. If he was alive, Jack would be 92 years old. His mother’s name is Ann Mary (mother) and John Augustus Kelly Sr (father). He came from a prominent theatrical family as his mother had been a popular stage actress as well as a model while his father was a theater ticket broker.
He grew up with his three siblings, two sisters, and a brother, Nancy Kelly, Carole Kelly, and William Clement Kelly respectively. His sister, Nancy was an Oscar-nominated actress while his other two siblings, Carole and William, also tried to show business. Jack held an American nationality while he belonged to the white ethnical background.
He attended St. John’s Military Academy in Delafield, Wisconsin.
- Jack Kelly made his first movie debut in an uncredited role in the biopic The Story of Alexander Graham Bell in the year 1939.
- After that, he appeared as Clay Allison in the syndicated television series Stories of the Century on 15th July 1954.
- In the 1955-1956 television season, he starred in a series that was based on the 1942 feature film Kings Row where he played Dr. Parris Mitchell.
- In the year 1956, he appeared in Forbidden Planet (1956) as well as She-Devil (1957).
- From 1957-1962, Jack appeared as Bart Maverick in the television series Maverick, which ran on ABC.
- After that, he played a role in the 1962 ColdWar movie, Red Nightmare, which was about a communist takeover of America and was narrated by Jack Webb.
- On 30th December 1963, he appeared with Barbara Bain in The Fenton Canaby Story on ABC’s Wagon Train.
- Further, he co-starred in Commandos (1968) opposite Lee Van Cleef.
- From 1969 to 1971, Jack hosted the NBC daytime game show Sale of the Century.
- Moreover, he was also briefly a series regular in getting Christie Love! (1974) and The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries (1978).
- In the year 1977, he appeared in two episodes of James Garner’s series Rockford Files.
- Further, Jack briefly appeared as Bart Maverick and was again paired with Garner in the TV-movie The New Maverick and in Garner’s TV series Bret Maverick in the year 1978.
- In the year 1991, Jack reprised the role of Bart Maverick in the Kenny Rogers vehicle, The Gambler Returns: The Luck of the Draw.
- Apart from his acting career, Jack was more involved in real estate and local politics.
- During the 1980s and early 1990s, Kelly served as Huntington Beach city councilman and mayor,[campaigning with the slogan:
“Let Maverick Solve Your Problems.”
Maverick is a popular American Western drama television series that ran for five seasons from 22nd September 1957 to 8th July 1962 on ABC. Further, the series was created by Roy Huggins and originally starring James Garner.
Jack Kelly Married Twice
Jack Kelly was married twice in his life. At first, he married an American actress May Wynn (real name: Donna Lee Hickey) on 14th October 1956 at an intimate wedding. Later, they could not handle their relationship and separated their ways in February 1964 and divorced on 19th October 1964. His wife, May stated in court that they had been arguing a lot for the last two years and he started staying out all night.
After his divorce with May, he dated Karen Steele for a short time. Later, he tied the wedding knot to Jo-Ann Smith in Las Vegas, Nevada on 16th October 1969. In November 1969, they gave birth to a daughter named Nicole Kelly. As of now, their daughter is the founder of and executive producer at August II Productions.
Cause of Death
Jack Kelly died of a stroke on 7th November 1992 at Humana Hospital in Huntington Beach, California, the United States of America.
Facts of What is Jack Kelly Cause of Death? His Bio, Net Worth, Wife, Kids
|Full Name||Jack Kelly|
|Date Of Birth||16th September 1927|
|Age||94 years 1 months|
|Died||7th November 1992|
|Place Of Birth||Astoria, Queens, New York, the United States of America|
|Education||St. John's Military Academy|
|Parents||Ann Mary and John Augustus Kelly Sr|
|Siblings||Nancy Kelly, Carole Kelly, and William Clement Kelly|