Janet Jackson is an American singer-songwriter, actress, as well as a dancer who is widely famous as the Queen of Pop and R&B.
Janet Jackson opened her eyes as Janet Damita Jo Jackson on 16th May 1966, in Gary, Indiana, the United States of America. As of 2019, her age is 53 years old while her horoscope is Taurus. She is the youngest daughter of Joe Jackson (father) and Katherine Jackson (mother). Her family was lower-middle class and devout Jehovah’s Witnesses, although Janet would later refrain from organized religion.
She grew up with her nine siblings, Michael Jackson, La Toya Jackson, Rebbie Jackson, Jermaine Jackson, Randy Jackson, Tito Jackson, Jackie Jackson, Marlon Jackson, and Brandon Jackson. Janet holds an American nationality while she belongs to Afro-American nationality.
She attended the Lanai Road Elementary School and later, joined the Gaspar De Portola Middle School in Tarzana, California.
- She started recording in the studio at a very young age of seven years old as she had performed in the Las Vegas Strip at MGM Casino.
- In the year 1976, she appeared in various tv shows, Good Times, A New Kind of Family, and Different Strokes.
- After that, she signed a contract with A&M Records.
- She released an album, Janet Jackson in the year 1982.
- Her album peaked at number 63 on Billboard 200 and at number six on the R&B Albums chart.
- To date, she has released various top albums such as Control, Unbreakable, Catch the Wind, Dream Street, Number ones, Essential, Number ones, Ask for More, and many more.
Movies & Tv Shows
- Some of her notable movies & tv shows are Poetic Justice, For Colored Girls, Rhythm Nation, Why Did I Get Married Too? Fame, Nutty Professor II: The Klumps, Why Did I Get Married? and so on.
Awards & Achievements
- To date, she has won 208 awards, and the numbers are bound to increase in the coming years.
- Some of her prestigious awards are 11 American Music Awards, five Grammy Awards, nine MTV Video Music Awards, 13 Soul Train Music Awards, 11 Billboard Music Awards, and so on.
- Also, she has received TMF Awards’ Lifetime Achievement Award, MTV Japan’s Inspiration Award, and World Music Awards’ Legend Award.
- She received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in recognition of her impact on the recording industry as well as philanthropic endeavors.
- In the year 2019, she was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Janet Jackson has an estimated net worth of around $190 million as of 2019 which she earned through her career as a singer-songwriter, actress, and dancer.
Her ex-husband, Wissam Al Mana has an estimated net worth of around $1 billion as of 2019 which he earned through his career as a businessman.
Relationship Status after Divorce
Janet Jackson is possibly single at the moment. Previously, she married singer James DeBarge in the year 1984 when Janet was just 18 years old. However, they separated their ways after some years. After that, she married Rene Elizondo Jr on 31st March 1991 and later divorced in the year 2000. Her ex-husband, Rene filed a multimillion-dollar lawsuit against her between $10–25 million, which did not reach a settlement for three years.
From 2002 to 2009, she dated Jermaine Dupri who is a music producer, rapper, and songwriter. In the year 20109, she married a businessman, Wissam Al Mana at a private wedding. They welcomed their first child, a son, Eissa Al Mana on 3rd January 2017. In April 2017, they could not handle their relationship and ended their marriage through a divorce.
Height and Weight
Janet Jackson stands at an average height of 5 feet 3 inches tall while her body weight is around 58 kg. Her body measurements are 35-24-36 inches which include her bust size, waist size, and hip size respectively. Further, Janet’s dress size and shoe sizes are 6 (US) and 8 (US) respectively. Jackson has black colored hair while her eyes are brown in color.
Janet is active on various sorts of social networking sites such as Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, and Facebook.
Facts of Janet Jackson
|Full Name||Janet Jackson|
|Net Worth||$190 million|
|Date Of Birth||16th May 1966|
|Age||54 years 11 months|
|Place Of Birth||Gary, Indiana, the United States of America|
|Height||5 feet 3 inches|
|Profession||Singer-songwriter, Actress, and Dancer|
|Education||Lanai Road Elementary School and Gaspar De Portola Middle School|
|Children||Eissa Al Mana|
|Parents||Joe Jackson (father) and Katherine Jackson (mother)|
|Siblings||Michael Jackson, La Toya Jackson, Rebbie Jackson, Jermaine Jackson, Randy Jackson, Tito Jackson, Jackie Jackson, Marlon Jackson, and Brandon Jackson|
|Janet Jackson Twitter|