Jessica Clendenin is famous as the wife of Brett Gardner who is an American professional baseball outfielder in Major League Baseball (MLB) for the New York Yankees.
Jessica Clendenin opened her eyes on 8th July 1984, in Georgia, the United States of America. As of 2020, her age is 36 years old while her horoscope is Cancer. Her father’s name is Thomas E. Clendenin.
She grew up with her two brothers John Clendenin and Joshua Clendenin. Her brother, Joshua is a graduate assistant for the Shorterhaws Baseball Team. Jessica holds an American nationality and belongs to a white ethnical background.
Who is Jessica Clendenin’s Husband?
Jessica Clendenin’s husband Brett Gardner is an American professional baseball outfielder who has played in Major League Baseball (MLB) for the New York Yankees.
- He played for the Holly Hill Academy in Holly Hill’s baseball team and also played American Legion Baseball for St. George Post 105.
- After that, he became a three-year starter for the College of Charleston Cougars. He had a .397 batting average in the year 2004, his junior year, but he was not selected in the 2004 MLB draft.
- In the year 2005, his senior year, he batted .447, tied for the most hits in college baseball with 122, established a Cougars record with 85 runs scored, as well as led the Southern Conference with 38 stolen bases.
- After his senior year in college, the New York Yankees selected Brett in the 3rd round, with the 109th overall selection, of the 2005 Major League Baseball draft where he received a $210k signing bonus.
- On 30th June 2008, he was called up and made his major league debut, batting leadoff and going 0-for-3 with a stolen base.
- He finished his rookie season playing 42 games, batting .228 with 16 RBI and 13 stolen bases.
- He was named the Yankees’ starting center fielder for the 2009 season on March 29.
- Brett began the 2010 season as the Yankees’ starting left fielder, taking over after Johnny Damon left in free agency.
- After that, he started the 2011 season hitting leadoff for the Yankees.
- Brett and the Yankees agreed on a $2.8 million contract for the 2012 season.
- He played in 16 games during 2012, batting .323 with two stolen bases and three RBI.
- Brett played 145 games batting .273 with 8 home runs, 33 doubles, an American League-leading 10 triples, 52 RBI, and 24 stolen bases in 2013.
- He continued his hitting approach from the prior season, batting .259 with 16 home runs, 66 RBI, and 20 stolen bases in the year 2015.
- He entered the 2018 season as a member of a crowded outfield.
- On 17th April 2019, he hit his 100th career home run, a grand slam off Ryan Brasier.
- Brett and his wife, Jessica has opened a foundation, which helps children and teenagers avoid exploitation of drugs and alcoholism and ultimately improves their lifestyle.
Awards & Achievements
- He won the Fielding Bible Award as the best defensive left fielder in MLB in the year 2010.
- Next year, he again won his second consecutive Fielding Bible Award as the best fielding left fielder in the MLB.
- In the year 2014, he was the Yankees’ nominee for the Hank Aaron Award.
- Brett won the Gold Glove Award for American League left fielders in the year 2016.
- He was once considered one of the fastest players in Major League Baseball.
- Further, he is widely famous for stealing bases and being very disciplined at the plate.
Jessica Clendenin’s Husband’s Net Worth & Salary
Jessica Clendenin’s husband, Brett Gardner has an estimated net worth of around $25 million as of 2019 which he earned through his career as a baseball player. Currently, he is under a 1-year extension contract worth $7.5 million with the New York Yankees. As per some online resources, he has summoned around $70 million playing 12 seasons with New York Yankees.
Houses & Car Collection
Brett bought a lavish house worth around $1.1 million in Summerville, South Carolina in the year 2011. Further, Gardner is fond of new cars. Some of his car collection includes Nissan, Range Rover, Mercedes, and so on.
Happily Married with Her Husband
Jessica Clendenin is a happily married woman as she tied the wedding knot to Brett Gardner on 1st December 2007, at 1st Presbyterian Church. Brett proposed to Jessica for a wedding during spring training on a beach in Clearwater, Florida. Further, they are blessed with their two sons Hunter Clendenin and Miller Clendenin from their relationship.
Facts of Jessica Clendenin
|Full Name||Jessica Clendenin|
|Date Of Birth||8th July 1984|
|Age||37 years 0 months|
|Place Of Birth||Georgia, the United States of America|
|Children||Hunter Clendenin and Miller Clendenin|
|Parents||Thomas E. Clendenin|
|Siblings||John Clendenin and Joshua Clendenin|