Jill Hornor is a Chinese art consultant who came to the media spotlight after getting married to Chinese-American cellist Yo-Yo Ma.
Jill Hornor opened her eyes on 2nd October 1953, somewhere in China to Chinese parents. As of 2019, her age is 66 years old while her horoscope is Libra. She spent her childhood days in different parts of the world including Europe.
Jill holds a Chinese nationality while she belongs to a Chinese-American ethnical background. She was interested in music since her childhood.
She attended the Mount Holyoke High School in South Hadley, Massachusetts. Later, she attended Greater Boston Youth Symphony Orchestra in Boston where she used to play the violin. After completing her higher education, she attended Cornwell University in Ithaca, New York from where she graduated with a degree in German literature.
Who is Jill Hornor’s Husband?
Jill Hornor’s husband, Yo-Yo Ma is a Chinese-American cellist who has recorded more than 90 albums and received 18 Grammy Awards.
- He wanted to begin his career right after receiving his bachelor’s degree and delayed for some months as he had to undergo surgery for scoliosis. Fortunately, the surgery was a success and Yo-Yo was able to begin his career soon after. Blessed with extraordinary musical skills, he gained much stardom before long.
- His amazing talents as a cellist attracted many contemporary composers and Yo-Yo gained numerous commissions.
- Further, he also performed as part of a trio, with pianist Emanuel Ax and violinist Young-Uck Kim.
- On 5th July 1986, he performed on the New York Philharmonic’s tribute to the 100th anniversary of the Statue of Liberty, which was one of the most significant performances in his career.
- Throughout his career, Yo-Yo has produced numerous albums such as Great Cello Concertos (1989), Made in America (1993) and Soul of the Tango: The Music of Astor Piazzolla (1997).
- In the year 1998, he founded the Silk Road Project to encourage collaboration among artists and institutions.
- On 11th September 2002, he performed at the site of the World Trade Center to remember the ones killed during the attack on the World Trade Center.
- Further, his other albums are Obrigado Brazil (2003), Songs of Joy & Peace (2008), and The Goat Rodeo Sessions (2011).
- He performed Air and Simple Gifts at the inauguration ceremony for the newly elected US President Barack Obama in January 2009.
- In the following year, he made another notable performance at the funeral mass for Senator Edward M. Kennedy.
- In April 2013, he also performed at an interfaith service to honor the victims of the Boston Marathon bombings.
Awards & Achievements
- He has received numerous awards throughout his career.
- Along with a total of eighteen Grammy Awards, he has also won various other significant awards such as the National Medal of Arts (2001), Dan David Prize (2006), Presidential Medal of Freedom (2011), Polar Music Prize (2012), Fred Rogers Legacy Award (2014), and other many more.
Jill Hornor’s Career
Jill Hornor is an art consultant by her profession. Apart from this, she also owns a clothing store.
What is Jill Hornor Net Worth?
Jill Hornor has an estimated net worth of around $2 million as of 2019 which she earned through her career as an art consultant.
On the other hand, her husband, Yo-Yo Man has an estimated net worth of around $25 million as of 2019 which he earned through his career as a cellist.
Further, the couple owns a house worth around $1.9 million in California.
Happily Married with Her Husband
Jill Hornor is a happily married woman. She tied the wedding knot to a Chinese-American cellist, Yo-Yo Man in the year 1978. They first met when Jill was in her sophomore years at the Mount Holyoke High School whereas Yo-Yo was just 16 years old kid. Later, they got close and Yo-Yo fell for Jill and they started dating each other.
Since their wedding, they are living a happy married life. From their blissful marriage, the couple is blessed with two children a daughter, and a son, Emily Hornor Ma, and Nicholas Ma respectively.
Facts of Jill Hornor
|Full Name||Jill Hornor|
|Net Worth||$2 million|
|Date Of Birth||2nd October 1953|
|Age||66 years 7 months|
|Place Of Birth||China|
|Education||Mount Holyoke High School, Greater Boston Youth Symphony Orchestra, Cornwell University|
|Spouse||Yo-Yo Man (1978)|
|Children||Emily Hornor Ma and Nicholas Ma|