Muhammed Lawal a.k.a King Mo is a former American mixed martial artist as well as a professional wrestler who competed in American MMA promotion, Bellator and Japanese MMA promotion, Rizin FF.
Muhammed Lawal opened his eyes on 11th January 1981, in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, the United States of America. As of 2019, his age is 38 years old while his horoscope is Capricorn. He is born to Nike Rousseau (mother). His father committed suicide, so he was raised by his single mother.
He grew up with his younger brother and sister, Abdullah and Aminat Lawal respectively. Muhammed holds an American nationality while he belongs to an African-American ethnical background. Growing up, he was fond of wrestling and began wrestling for several schools as well as colleges before taking up mixed martial arts training.
- He started his professional mixed martial art career after joining the MMA promotion, World Victory Road in the year 2008.
- Firstly, he made his debut against Travis Wiuff at the event Sengoku 5 and lost via KO in the first round.
- After that, he took on Fabio Silva at Sengoku 6 on 1st November 2008 and won via strikes in the third round.
- Later, he went to compete for M1 Global in the year 2009.
- In the following year, he later went on to sign for American MMA promotion, Strikeforce.
- On 17th April 2010, he won the Light Heavyweight Championship of the promotion from Gegard Mousasi via a unanimous decision.
- He lost the game to Rafael Cavalcante via TKO in the third round on 21st August 2010.
- In the summer of 2012, he signed with fellow American promotion, Bellator Fighting Championships.
- In the year 2013, he made his debut in the Light Heavyweight tournament.
- On 21st February 2013, he lost to Emanuel Newton in the semi-final stage of the tournament at Bellator 90.
- In the following year, he won the Summer Series light heavyweight tournament by defeating Jacob Noe at Bellator 97.
- On 2nd November 2013, he lost the interim Light Heavyweight Championship at Bellator 106 to Emanuel.
- After that, he went to Japan and joined the Japanese MMA fighting promotion, RIZIN.
- Later, he took part in the eight-man tournament and won via KO in the first round.
- He went on to win the Rizin 2015 Heavyweight Grand Prix Championship by defeating Jiri Prochazka.
- When he graduated from college, he was offered a contract by the professional wrestling promotion World Wrestling Entertainment.
- Firstly, he signed as a professional wrestler with Bellator Fighting Championship and Total Nonstop Action Wrestling.
- On 4th October 2012, he made his first appearance in TNA in the episode of Impact Wrestling.
- Team Dixie removed him due to his absence from TNA in late 2014.
- On 27th June 2017, it was announced that he would make his return to Impact Wrestling.
- He became a three-time the United States freestyle wrestling gold medalist in the year 2005, 2006, and 2008.
- As of now, he is signed to Major League Wrestling.
Net Worth and Salary
Muhammed Lawal has an estimated net worth of around $500k as of 2019 which he earned through his career as a professional wrestler and retired mixed martial artist. He earned more than $415k through his mixed martial art career.
Muhammed Lawal is possibly single at the moment. He is focusing on his career rather than involving in any kind of relationship or love affairs.
Once he was diagnosed with Staphylococcus obtained from knee surgery. At that time, he had a fever of 103 degrees, and the infection ate away at parts of his hip and legs,
“I had this moment where I was like, man, I can see my hip bone. I was ripped still and had an eight-pack. But there’s my hip bone. I looked at my leg, and it looked like those zombies from The Walking Dead. I feel like I looked death in the face, and I survived.”
Height and Weight
Muhammed Lawal stands at a tall height of 6 feet while his body weight is around 99 kg. Lawal’s both hair and eyes are black in color.
Muhammed is active on some social networking sites such as Instagram and Twitter.
Facts of Muhammed Lawal
|Full Name||Muhammed Lawal|
|Date Of Birth||11th January 1981|
|Age||40 years 0 months|
|Place Of Birth||Murfreesboro, Tennessee, the United States of America|
|Profession||Mixed Martial Artist and Wrestler|
|Siblings||Abdullah and Aminat Lawal|
|Muhammed Lawal Twitter|