Walt Harris is an American mixed martial arts fighter who is currently working for the UFC in the Heavyweight division.
Walt Harris opened his eyes as Walter Jermaine Harris on 10th June 1983, in Birmingham, Alabama, the United States of America. As of 2019, his age is 36 years old while his horoscope is Gemini.
Walt holds an American nationality while he belongs to an African-American ethnical background. He was so much interested in Martial arts since his childhood days.
Walt Harris stands at a tall height of 6 feet 5 inches tall while his body weight is around 117kg. Harris’s hair and eyes are black in color.
Education From University of Pikeville
He attended the University of Pikeville in Pikeville, Kentucky. After that, he joined Jacksonville State University and obtained an associate degree in Physical Education.
- He started his career as a mixed martial artist at HEF: Hess Extreme Fighting where he won his first-ever fight.
- Following this, he fought in other various smaller MMA belts such as Fight Force International, Cage Combat, Superior, Strike Hard, and so on.
- On 19th September 2013, he signed with the UFC.
- Later, he was subsequently released from the promotion of the UFC.
- After that, he signed with Florida-based promotion Titan FC.
- Further, he was featured in a fighting reality show The Ultimate Fighter: Team Rousey vs Team Tate Finale.
- At that time, he fought Jared Rosholt but faced a Unanimous Decision loss in the TUF.
- On 25th January 2014, he fought Nikita Krylov at UFC on Fox: Henderson vs Thomson. At that time, he lost his first-ever UFC TV appearance via a TKO (head kick and punches) in round 1.
- He fought Soa Palelei at UFC Fight Night: Rockhold vs Bisping and again suffer a TKO loss in his third TV appearance.
- On 1st October 16, he fought Shamil Abdurakhimov at UFC Fight Night: Lineker vs Dodson but he was, unfortunately, defeated by Abdurakhimov via a Split Decision.
- On 15th January 2017, at UFC Fight Night: Rodriguez vs Penn, he fought Chase Sherman and he was able to win in the second round of the fight with knee and punches.
- To date, he has won over some famous fighters such as Cyril Asker, Daniel Spitz, and so on.
- However, he has lost a few fights to superstars such as Mark Godbeer, Fabricio Werdum so far.
- He has received two times Ultimate Fighting Championship in the category of Performance of the Night.
- Further, he has also received two times Golden Gloves Championship.
How much is Walt Harris’s Net Worth and Salary?
Walt Harris has an estimated net worth of around $500k as of 2019 which he earned through his career as a mixed martial art fighter. His last bout was against Aleksei Oleinik in June 2019 where he earned $140k as a winner. To date, he has earned around $620k from his successful MMA career.
Walt Harris is a happily married man, as he married his long-term girlfriend, Angela Haley-Harris. They dated for some years and finally shared their wedding vows at a private wedding in the presence of their close friends and family. Walt and his wife, Angela is blessed with four children.
As of now, both of them are living a happy life in Homewood, Alabama with their children. Previously, his wife was married to Elijah Blanchard.
His Missing stepdaughter
In October 2019, his stepdaughter Aniah Blanchard went missing. Aniah studies at Southern Union College was abducted by Ibraheem Yazeed. The MMA community came to support him and contributed funds for the reward which have now exceeded $100k.
On 20th November 2019, Ibraheem was charged with first-degree kidnapping in an Alabama court later. In late November 2019, Antwain Fisher, and David Lee Johnson Jr were arrested and charged with first-degree kidnapping and hindering prosecution, respectively.
Facts of Walt Harris
|Full Name||Walt Harris|
|Date Of Birth||10th June 1983|
|Age||37 years 11 months|
|Place Of Birth||Birmingham, Alabama, the United States of America|
|Height||6 feet 5 inches|
|Profession||Mixed Martial Arts Fighter|
|Education||the University of Pikeville, Jacksonville State University|
|Walt Harris Twitter|